Firstly I want to apologise for not writing a Flashback Friday post yesterday! I didn’t forget, I was just in a bit of a state about this whole University thing, and the other posts I had written were scheduled so I wasn’t really in a nostalgic mood.
So I thought I’d write a bit of an update, in case any of you are interested:
- I still haven’t heard back from my insurance choice, and this could take until Thursday.
- I had a bit of a breakdown because I called a University about clearing, and they said they wouldn’t be able to accept me because I was 20 UCAS points below their entry requirements. But I gave them my phone number and they said they’d call back if they have any spaces (but they couldn’t guarantee)
- I talked to my mum and she asked me what I wanted to do- I said I wanted to go to University this year, rather than having to wait until next year.
- I’ve called another university to explain the situation, and I asked them about applying through clearing- they sounded quite positive!
- Now I have to wait for a reply from University A- and contact University B when I know what I want to do.
So I’m in a better position now than earlier. I just have to wait, which is something I don’t want to do anymore, but I don’t really have a choice so I’m just going to try and take my mind off of things for a while.
I’m still feeling frustrated with everything. I thought this whole university process would be a lot smoother than it has been, and I don’t really want to blame myself for that. I find blaming other people makes my life a lot easier, even if that isn’t the right approach! (I’m going to regret saying that but I don’t really care at the moment.) I’ll give you an example- my school didn’t explain “clearing” very well. I knew it was there, and that I’d be able to get into another university if things didn’t work out, but I didn’t think it would be so difficult. Anyway, I think I’m making some form of progress.
The waiting game continues.