I’ve been nomintated again for the Liebster Award, which is always nice! *Party on* The other day I was nominated by Stacey, so you should all repay her and check out her blog. The rules of the Liebster Award are:
- Thank the person who nominated you (link their blog)
- Answer the eleven questions they asked you
- Nominate other bloggers and ask them eleven questions of your own
- Let them know you’ve nominated them!
So let’s get onto the serious business, and answer some questions!
- Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because two of my friends had blogs and told me to start one… so I did.
- What are you reading at the moment? (If anything)
I’m reading a few books at the moment:
I’m on the last chapter of “The Bookseller of Kabul” by Åsne Seierstad;
I’ve started reading “The Rainbow” by D. H. Lawrence;
And I’m halfway through “TimeRiders: The Infinity Code” by Alex Scarrow.
- Favourite TV series?
There are so many TV shows that I love which include: Sherlock, Supernatural, Doctor Who, Downton Abbey, and Poldark. There are also TV shows that I’ve started but haven’t had time to finish which are: Supernatural, The Mentalist, and Daredevil.
- Fondest memory?
I have loads of memories which make me smile, but I’m going to go with two: The first was when I went on a school trip to Rome last year, and the second was seeing The Rocky Horror Show in Cape Town on stage at the Athol Fugard Theatre.
- Movies that make you cry?
I don’t tend to cry in movies, but there are some that have made me… emotional. Marley and Me was the first film I saw without my parents (it was just with some friends) and I very almost nearly cried but I just about held it together. In Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, whenever Sirius says “You’re not a bad person. You’re a very good person who bad things have happened to…” That always makes me sad because Sirius is just the best person and it’s not fair and uhhhh. Why did he have to die? Finally, when I was little I always cried in Alice in Wonderland when she got lost because I think I have a bit of a fear of getting lost so I just got really upset.
- First ever movie you went to see at the cinema? (If you can remember!)
I can’t actually remember, but I think it was Shrek, when I was about three or four. Jesus, that makes me sound old!
- Most memorable birthday?
My last birthday (my 18th) we went to play Laser Tag and it was so fun, and our team won (even though we were against a group of 11 year old boys…)
- Favourite artist at the moment?
My favourite band is, without a doubt, Shinedown. They haven’t released any new material recently but they are currently working on a new album!
- Most worn piece of clothing?
I don’t know if I have one particular piece of clothing that I always wear, but I have loads and loads of hoodies which have been collected over the years… so I guess my hoodies?
- Your proudest personal achievement?
If you asked me this question in three months time when I get my A-level results and find out if I get into University or not, then that would be my answer, if it was positive! At the moment though… probably finishing my music video for my media coursework, and also knowing that I’ve been part of my swimming club for about 8 years.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
I’ll be 23 and hopefully out of university with a good degree and probably trying to find a job! Or travelling. I’m not too sure. I’ll get back to you on that one in 5 years time.
So now I nominate:
My questions for you are:
- Why did you start your blog?
- What is your favourite genre of music?
- Do you have any pets? (If not, what would you want to have?)
- What is your favourite place to shop?
- How would you describe yourself in three words?
- What is the most recent book you read? (And what did you think of it?)
- What is your all-time favourite film?
- Do you play a musical instrument?
- If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
- Where do you get inspiration for your blog posts?
- Do you have a current favourite TV show?
Thanks for reading, and I look forward to seeing what my lovely nominees have to respond to my questions!